My photo
Celebrations
Los Gatos, CA, United States
My Name is Dina McMahon. I live in Los Gatos, California in beautiful Santa Cruz Mountains. I am a Mom, an Event Planner and Decorator in Dina's Deluxe Events.I recently started a Party in a Box Business and enjoy planning and putting together different parties in boxes. This blog will have posts about parties, celebrations, hospitality and home decor. I will share my visions and ideas, my inspirations and the pictures of how I see the world and add decorative touches to everyday life, parties and events.

New Year, New You! Virtual New Year Party.

 New Year is a big celebration in Russia! It is like Russian Thanksgiving, all families gather at festive tables with traditional Russian food, tangerines and champagne! We say, " Your New Year will be the way you celebrate it!


New Year in Moscow, Russia

Russian New Year Traditional Food












This year I decided to gather our friends and celebrate it virtually since it is a Covid quarantine time! Each guest got their New Year toast number in a Virtual Party Bag. I used https://www.paperlesspost.com/ to create virtual party bags. I found the image, you can see bellow, on https://www.zazzle.com/ and inserted it in each card. Each guest got their card with a picture of the bag. 




When they clicked on their bags they would see their New Year toast numbers!




I chose Google Meet Up https://meet.google.com/ for our Virtual New Year Party. It is easy to use, it takes literally a second to get your virtual meeting link. And it has good qualities and features.

The day before New Year Eve I made Champagne Jello Shots. I used a recipe from this wonderful Blog and updated it by adding a little of vanilla extract and ginger beer instead of ginger ale. I also got gold colored chocolate caramels from Party City and Gold Edible Stars from Michael's. Of course Amazon has everything too! It was super easy to make and took me less than 5 minutes. The champagne flutes can be purchase here: Mini Champagne Flutes

Here is the Recipe:

New Year Champagne Jello Mini Flute Shots

Ingredients:

1 Cup of Champagne
1 Cup of Ginger Beer
1 Tablespoon of Sugar
1 Tablespoon of Lemon Juice
1 Tablespoon of Vanilla
Gold Edible Stars and Gold Covered Chocolates for Garnishing

Add champagne, sugar, and lemon juice to a medium saucepan. Sprinkle with the gelatin and allow to bloom for 3 minutes, do not stir to avoid clumps.Once the gelatin has bloomed, heat the mixture over medium-low heat and whisk until the gelatin has dissolved. Do not let the mixture boil.
Remove from heat and stir in the ginger beer, let carbonation fizz out and then evenly pour into the mini champagne flutes and refrigerate for at least 2 to 3 hours until set.
Sprinkle with edible gold stars just before serving because they will dissolve if you do it before serving, even if you keep them in the fridge. Garnish with the gold colored chocolates. Cover with plastic film if you plan to use them as New Year Favors. If you'd like to serve them to your guests, place them on a serving tray and voila!

Everyone will smile and get cheerful because they are so adorably cute!



I placed the Jellos Champagne Flute Shots in these wonderful gold favor bags I got from Party City and I added Ferrero Rocher chocolates or Wonderbac Coconut Macaroon Hand Sanitizers in each bag and topped them with Gold Pom Poms for guests to shake when they want to say something during our Virtual New Year Party. I tied these adorable Printable and Editable New Year Tags on each pom pom. All guests loved their New Year Favors!!!






Our New Year Party was fun and fabulous! Each guest had a turn to talk using their New Year Toast Numbers from the their Virtual Party Bags and if they needed to say something in between they could shake the festive sparkling cheerleader pom poms! How festive is that? Happy 2021! Happy New Year! Let it be Healthy and Happy for all of Us!

Here are the pictures of our Virtual New Year Party on Google Meet Up. We all had a great company and enough champagne to greet New Year 2021!



























Comments

Popular Posts